Fort Myers Brewing Company is gearing up for this year’s four-day Oktoberfest event, featuring craft beer, authentic German food and live music from Thursday, Oct. 12 through Sunday, Oct. 15 in Fort Myers.
Fort Myers Brewing will have a wide variety of festivities for families, friends and pets to enjoy all weekend long. A vast selection of locally brewed beers will be on tap, as well as limited-time releases of Fort Myers Brewing’s signature Oktoberfest beers, including the Oktoberfest, a traditional German-style Marzen lager with delicious and balanced malt flavors, Pump-Q-Lees, a tasty imperial pumpkin ale, and more to be announced in the coming weeks.
Live performances will take place throughout the weekend from headliners including Ben Allen Band, Rock Republic, Briz & Lady, Ralph Curtis and more. There will be German-inspired eats from popular trucks such as Currywurst, Grace’s Taste of Poland, Wicked Streatery, The Meat Cottage, Smokin Crow and more. The brewery will also host a stein-hoisting competition, a traditional Bavarian endurance contest in which participants must hold a full stein in their outstretched arm as long as possible without spilling any beer.
The brewery is also releasing limited-edition Oktoberfest swag, including commemorative glasses and T-shirts, available for purchase in the tap room.
Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, as seats tend to fill up quickly.
The schedule for Oktoberfest includes:
Thursday, Oct. 12 (2 to 10 p.m.)
- Food Trucks: Grace’s Taste of Poland, King’s Tacos & Burritos, Mad Brunch, South Co. Pizza, Viet Yum
- Live Music: Petra & Teresa (3 p.m.), Briz & Lady (6:30 p.m.)
Friday, Oct. 13 (2 to 11 p.m.)
- Food trucks: Currywurst, Don’t Give Up, Mambo, The Meat Cottage, Wicked Streatery
- Live music: Bobby Blakey (3 p.m.), Ben Allen Band (7 p.m.)
Saturday, Oct. 14 (Noon to 11 p.m.)
- Food trucks: Between the Bunz, King’s Tacos & Burritos, Pryceless Island Grill, Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza, Wicked Streatery
- Live music: Slim Gillian (1 p.m.), DJ Nate (4 p.m.), Rock Republic (7 p.m.)
Sunday, Oct. 15 (Noon to 8 p.m.)
- Food trucks: Easy Cheesy, Fat Thor, Mobstah Lobstah, Smokin’ Crow’s BBQ
- Live music: Gator Nate (noon), Ralph Curtis (4 p.m.)